Baker Victory Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dental Assistant (Uncertified) - Chompers School-Based Program
at Baker Victory Services
The Dental Assistant assists dentists in the school based dental program with the treatment of patients and the completion of dental procedure. The Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing the treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the New York State Dental Practice Act.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assisting in the completion of dental procedures and maintenance of dental operatory in a manner consistent with practice standard and infection control requirements
- Patient Care including to be not limited to medical histories, charting, education
- Sterilization of instruments and set up/break down of portable clinical operatory
- Daily schedule development and review with school staff
- Keep accurate and complete patient records
- Ordering supplies and maintenance of equipment
- Working directly with all program staff on all issues related to school based program
- Transporting equipment when necessary
- Any other duties as requested by your supervisor
- Ability to work with children with special needs
- Ability to communicate with individuals of multiple ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Proficient with email, Microsoft Office, and Dental software
- Attention to detail and effective time management.
- Demonstrate active participation and adaptability in the workplace
Minimum Degree Required:
- High School Diploma/GED