Baker Victory Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Developmental Disabilities - Per Diem
at Baker Victory Services
A $1000 Sign on Bonus will be offered with this position.
Job Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is an integral part of the treatment team who provides health care services under their Scope of Practice for individuals. The LPN works with the support of the Registered Nurse that all overall health and safety needs are met. Residential Habilitation plans, Plans of Protective Oversight and Medical Care plans are in place for each individual, consistent with their unique needs and choices. It is our duty to provide person centered supports for each individual we care for. Most of the individuals in these homes are non-ambulatory, non-verbal and medically frail and they require hands on assistance and support with all aspects of their daily life.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform case finding, health teaching, health counseling.
- Provide supportive and restorative care.
- Administering medication to individuals per MD order and monitoring the response of the individual to the medication.
- Taking and recording the individuals’ vital signs such as: blood pressure, temperature, weight, height and prescriptions.
- Obtain lab samples from individuals as per policy.
- Inventories and orders medications as appropriate from pharmacy as per policy.
- Document as per policy in individual charts.
- Make clients observations and report directly to the Registered Nurse.
- Perform duties listed on the daily/weekly/monthly/semi-annually/annually site specific responsibility checklist.
- Any other duty as requested by your supervisor.
Looking for LPN's who can cover evening and overnight shifts.