Baker Victory Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Teacher- Early Childhood
at Baker Victory Services
Job Summary: Plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities in a variety of educational settings. The person in this position is responsible for creating a flexible program and learning environment that provides specialized instruction for students with disabilities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Creates an educational climate that promotes success, independence, a productive atmosphere, and provides students with encouragement, safety and stimulation.
- Completes weekly lesson plans based on a developmentally appropriate curriculum which follows the New York State Education Department Learning Standards.
- Creates an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) for all students.
- Prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of students based upon their IEP.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of: subject matter, ability to think critically, and individualized instruction.
- Create, implement and share effective behavior management techniques or plans.
- Act as team leader of classroom staff including assistants, therapists, and social workers.
- Conduct regular community meetings (Sanctuary based) and team meetings.
- Communicate effectively with parents (through notebooks, phone calls, conferences, district meetings, etc.).
- Complete log notes based on student goals as per the IEP (progress and/or regression).
- Complete Quarterly Progress Reports on all students that are distributed to parents and the school districts.
- Complete Annual Review Reports/Amendments/Regression Statements for school districts (including writing appropriate observable and measurable child centered goals).
- Participate in and share appropriate information at CPSE/CSE meetings with school districts.
- Mentor and train new teachers as requested by supervisor
- Maintain client confidentiality within HIPAA/FERPA and agency guidelines.
License/Registration/ Certification: NYS Teaching Certification in Special Education, Students with Disabilities B-2 is preferred. If candidate has a NYS Teaching certification outside of teaching area, Students with Disabilities must be completed within 1 year from start date.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Teaching, or similar area
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 7:30AM - 3:30PM