Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
InCharge or Senior Accountant
- # of Openings
- Audit Accounting
We are currently seeking an InCharge or Senior level Accountant to play a key role on in our Commercial Audit team. This individual will work closely with the audit team to provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of client engagements. This role requires the ability to continually learn and use new skills, and to work in a high-paced, changeable client-service environment.
- Develop understanding of client’s business and aspects of client’s industry.
- Prepare clear and concise working papers and financial statements.
- Generate reports which identify and address areas of significant risk and evaluate overall effectiveness of operations.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that positively influence organization's operation.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Prepare complex client correspondence including recommendations, technical issues and proposals.
- Oversee the efforts of client service teams on client engagements.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Deliver projects/engagements on time, within budget and to client's satisfaction.
- Recognize the opportunity of providing new and innovative services and demonstrates the ability to pursue such opportunities.
- Retain and develop new clients, including cultivate opportunities to cross-sell the firm’s full range of client services.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Handle and manage multiple priorities, and deliver projects and engagements on time, within budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Learn the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA.
- Often must lead or participate in a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting w/150 credit hours
- 2+ years of relevant audit experience
- CPA certification or significant progression towards completing
- Recent experience working in public accounting
- Ability to provide mentoring and leadership to junior staff
- Dependable, self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Must have reliable transportation, as well as, the ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with ProSystems Engagement software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Hours Of Operation
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Our summer hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday.
- The ability to work additional hours during busy season is critical, but the rest of the year, flexibility is key.
In the fast-changing accounting industry, The Bonadio Group is always on the cutting edge of growth and innovation. Top-rated employee policies keep our workforce energized and advancing, and because of our many teams and specialty services, we offer more paths to partnership, including non-traditional arrangements. Add to that our robust training and mentoring programs, and the opportunities for growth really add up. Truly, at Bonadio, your trajectory is limitless. We are the nation’s 38th largest CPA and consulting firm, and the biggest in Upstate New York. Get on board, grow with us, and find your path to partnership. Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer