Bryant & Stratton College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019 Full Time Math Faculty
at Bryant & Stratton College
The full-time Math Faculty will support the College’s mission by facilitating a classroom environment that provides a foundation of class work and hands-on experiences in writing theories and practices utilizing active learning methodology.
- Provide instruction (i.e. to teach all aspects of Math) between 15 and 21 (day, evening and Saturdays) contact hours per week, market-wide.
- Participate in campus-wide initiatives in support of recruitment, retention, and graduation goals.
- Maintain one Skills Assistance contact hour per week for every five instructional hours assigned. Maintain one Administrative contact hour per week for every five instructional hours assigned.
- Maintain a current knowledge of teaching discipline/field of study evidenced in Teaching Portfolio.
- Participate in curriculum monitoring and development process.
- Attend required college functions including staff meetings, in-service training, graduation, and special activities.
- Utilize active learning (facilitation), authentic assessment, and portfolio assignments to support the teaching and learning outcomes of the College.
- Adhere to and uphold all established operational policies and procedures as described in operation documentation (official catalog, Faculty Guide).
- Adhere to all required administrative and classroom delivery duties and requirements as outlined in the job description for full-time instructional associates.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum qualifications are a master’s degree with eighteen (18) credits in Math at the graduate level. Preferred qualifications are a master’s degree in math or Ph.D. in Math.
- Experience in teaching at the collegiate level is desired.
- Possess excellent workplace and academic skills to support the application of writing in the
- Possess and exhibit qualities of professionalism, integrity, self-esteem, self-motivation, and a strong desire to guide students to improve their career prospects.
- Ability to work within a team.