Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cantalician Center
- Job Tracking ID: 512714-706141
- Job Location: Buffalo, NY
- Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
- Level of Education: High School/GED
- Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Date Updated: October 07, 2019
- Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
- Starting Date: ASAP
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The general purpose of this position is to greet and direct visitors, respond to inquiries from staff, the public, Laborers, parents/guardians, and individuals receiving services, etc. by providing requested information and/or referral to other parties in a manner that exemplifies the Agency’s values; and, when time permits, providing general clerical support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers telephone system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Greets individuals entering the building (e.g. staff, Laborers, visitors, parents/guardians, individuals receiving services, vendors, etc.) in a respectful and professional manner for the purpose of responding to inquiries; and/or directing individuals to appropriate location in accordance with established building procedures.
- Maintains building information (e.g. use schedules, staff directories, emergency contacts, etc.) for the purpose of providing reference information.
- Records, maintains and expedites staff attendance on a daily basis and in conjunction with the administration team.
- Maintains reception area materials (e.g. service and business information, event calendars, etc.) for the purpose of providing resource information to visitors.
- Performs general secretarial and clerical functions (e.g. copying, faxing, data entry, filing, etc.).
- Receives a variety of items (e.g. mail, special deliveries, packages, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to appropriate parties.
- Acts as an essential part of the evacuation plan (e.g. accounting for individuals receiving services, laborers, and staff, maintaining key information on individuals receiving services, etc.)
- Act as a key liaison of information between the administration team and all other staff.
- Serves as backup for both the Service Support Specialist - ES and the Services Support Specialist - DLS.
- Consistently complies with all Agency policies and procedures.
- Constantly maintains high performance standards at work with regard to personal behavior and interactions with staff, individuals, and outside agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communicate with visitors, parents/guardians, individuals receiving services, laborers, and staff in a pleasant, informed manner
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to perform essential duties in an environment that has high levels activity and that is generally associated with a business office.
- Exhibits high standards for professional conduct
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Extensive knowledge of computers including WORD, Excel and Agency databases
- Ability to maintain records and files
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent typist (50 wpm)
- Ability to operate various kinds of office machinery, e.g. calculator, copier, telephone/voice mail, fax
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Business or related field with (5) years administrative assistant and/or clerical experience preferably in a business setting.
Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalency with (3) years administrative assistant and/or clerical experience preferably in a business setting.
We offer a generous Benefits Package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (Basic and Supplemental)
- 401 (k)