Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Position: hourly $51.57 per hour
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Journeyman Millwright will provide day-to-day safe, efficient and environmentally sound equipment maintenance.
This is a unionized position. The work schedule consists of four 10 hour days (day shift only – Tues.-Fri.). Overtime available (balanced through shop).
The plant in North Vancouver, British Columbia is a well-established Chlor-Alkali production facility with over 50 years of successful operating history. In 2009-2010, the plant went into a major technology upgrade that brought this facility to a state of the art operation.
- Provide day-to-day safe, efficient and environmentally sound equipment maintenance
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and follow-up on process issues
- Complete safety & environmental inspections - report deficiencies
- Rotating equipment overhauls
- Machinery alignment and repair
- Bi annual plant shutdown preparation and execution
- Preventative maintenance tasks/inspections
- Equipment failure analysis
- Pipe-fitting duties
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Become familiar with Chemtrade Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) policies and procedures.
- Immediately report all ES&H incidents (injuries, near misses, releases).
- Complete all required ES&H training in a timely fashion.
- Follow all Chemtrade facility and corporate ES&H procedures and practices.
- Attend and actively participate in facility ES&H meetings and forums that will drive employee involvement.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for ES&H program improvement.
- Participate in job safety analysis activities.
- Millwright – BCTQ or Interprovincial TQ
- A minimum of five years of industrial experience,after receiving Red Seal, preferably in a chemical-related setting
- Fully experienced in the repair and maintenance of rotating equipment, centrifugal compressors (refrigeration) and pumps, will possess general pipefitting skills
- Experience with industrial refrigeration equipment would be an asset
- Physically capable to do the job, i.e., indoors and outdoors
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills a definite asset
- Works collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and a team player
- Able to work independently and without close supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee is occasionally required to climb stairs/ladders (including vertical)
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision.
- Must be “fit for duty”.
Must be able to perform under the following conditions:
- Work in awkward or confining workspaces.
- Work in elevated places.
- Work in outdoor environment.
- Work in noisy environment.
- Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals and etc.
- Safety is a job requirement.
- Able to work in Adverse Weather Conditions.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70 locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.