Coast Professional Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Engineer II End User Computing
at Coast Professional Inc.
Member of Systems Engineering team that participates in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for server/compute virtualization systems of high complexity. Assists with designs and establishing corporate standards, develops and implements virtualization enhancements and makes recommendations for improvements. Leads implementation of approved network architecture and designs.
Responsible for effective provisioning, installation configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure; ensures that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are properly monitored to achieve compliance with NIST/CIS enterprise standards and promote the achievement of SLAs.
System Engineer II is responsible for the engineering - administration and operation of Coast’s Desktop Environment. This role requires an in depth knowledge of Terminal Services and Systems, Desktop Agnostic Imaging, Least Privilege Management, Patching and Software deployment, Windows10, Windows security, and related technologies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and demonstrate experience managing projects to completion. This candidate must also have the ability to train and mentor other team members and act as a high level escalation point for projects and trouble issues.
Additional responsibilities include project collaboration, disaster recovery planning and evaluation of internal technologies to improve IT efficiencies.
- Provide technical expertise to support the Mobile Device Management and Desktop Computer platform in all activities.
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring to junior level engineers/technicians/administrators.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values.
- Plan, install, and provide daily operational support for environments (Desktop Images – iPhone - Surface).
- Appropriately document issues and resolutions in IT ticketing system; promote team spirit through knowledge sharing and collaboration; update knowledgebase, processes and procedures; promote system integrity and compliance through utilization of appropriate management tools to validate systems have the correct patches, encryption, licensed applications, etc.
- Functions as team training lead for system and virtualization items
- Provides ticket coordination and works with team manager on ticket assignment, review, and work distribution (when directed).
- Coordinates and maintains software/hardware maintenance and license tracking as required.
- Security – an essential part of the position. This includes (but is not limited to) promoting – safeguarding – implementing – establishing Coast physical and IT security. Examples of these duties include - maintaining the security of our systems and storage platforms.
- Follow Coast process and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- 4 years installing, monitoring, and troubleshooting desktop infrastructure, operating systems, asset management and software deployment systems, in a medium to mid-large environment experience preferred.
- 2 years of production support and design of the above technologies.
- 2 years leading the design of infrastructure solutions that align with the long term needs of the organization experience preferred
- 2 years working in an environment supporting a call center with 500 agents.
- Expert level network and system troubleshooting.
- Business Analysis Knowledge: Skilled to work in a fast paced environment. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer Service: Skilled to communicate with all levels of management, internal and external customers. Effective Business Communication: Skilled in communicating with technical and business constituencies in writing effective business specifications and requirements.
- BA/BS –Degree preferred in Computer Science. In lieu of degree should have additional 2 years of networking experience.
- Obtained or willing to obtain relevant industry certifications (i.e., MCSE, CCDA, etc.).
Position will be part of an on call rotation which will require the individual to provide after-hours support for Coasts 24/7/365 Infrastructure. In addition responsibilities may require weekend or evening work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the physical presence in the workplace is essential. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
Travel requirements is approximately 10% annual.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
May be required to undergo and pass background check and drug screen. Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required by the job incumbent. Nothing in the herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Coast Professional, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.