Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavior Technician Part Time
- Job Tracking ID: 512587-485241
- Job Location: Buffalo, NY
- Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
- Level of Education: High School/GED
- Job Type: Employee
- Date Updated: April 22, 2019
- Years of Experience: Less Than 1 Year
- Starting Date: ASAP
Behavior Technician - THIS POSITION IS 20 HOURS PER WEEK
As a Behavior Technician you will assist people with developmental disabilities fulfill their dreams by helping them set and achieve goals. Behavior Technicians work closely with Behavior Intervention Specialists to assist in gathering required information for behavior assessments for people served and participate in the development of behavior plans. Behavior Technicians are primarily responsible for assisting families in implementing Behavior Plans in the homes of families through the conduction of visits in the home and community. A successful Behavior Technician performs observations of people served and provides training, modeling and general assistance to families of people served on interpretation of behavioral interventions. Part-time schedule includes afternoon and evening hours and possibly weekends.
What we can give to you:
- Competitive starting pay of minimum $13.50 per hour; experience also considered
- Excellent benefits and paid time off (applicable positions)
- A team oriented work environment
- Flexibility for a good work and life balance
- A chance to make difference
- A great career path with opportunity to grow
Like what you see? APPLY NOW!
Experience and Skills:
What you need to bring to us:
- A High School Diploma or GED and 6 months of related experience working with people with developmental disabilities is required
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities and significant knowledge of and experience with serving people with challenging behaviors or dual diagnosis is preferred
- A valid and clean NY State Driver License
- A passion for serving people
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Positive work ethic
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities
New York State Human Rights Law and Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Law prohibit discrimination of candidates for employment based on race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, arrest record, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition, or other protected status. Community Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Community Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at all service locations.