Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Support Staff
- Job Tracking ID: 512587-475442
- Job Location: Buffalo, NY
- Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
- Level of Education: High School/GED
- Job Type: Employee
- Date Updated: June 05, 2019
- Years of Experience: Less Than 1 Year
- Starting Date: ASAP
Community Support Staff
What you can expect:
As a Community Support Staff (Direct Support Professionals) in Habilitation Services, you will assist people with a wide range of disabilities with achieving their goals within their home or in their surrounding community. Community Support Staff are responsible for working a self-directed schedule and ensuring that people served are receiving face to face services on a regular, timely basis, that best supports their personal goals. Direct Support Professionals teach important life skills and encourage the people they support to be as independent as possible. Full and Part Time Direct Support Professional positions are available. Direct Support Professionals work day, evening, and weekend shifts. Up to 80% required local travel.
What we can give to you:
- Competitive starting pay of $12.50 per hour; negotiable based on previous experience
- Excellent benefits and paid time off (applicable positions)
- A team oriented work environment
- Flexibility for a good work and life balance
- A chance to make difference
- A great career path with opportunity to grow
Like what you see? APPLY NOW!
Experience and Skills:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- A must hold a valid NY State Driver License for at least 2 years: access to a personal vehicle is required for local travel (mileage is reimbursed)
- A passion for serving people
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Positive work ethic
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities
New York State Human Rights Law and Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Law prohibit discrimination of candidates for employment based on race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, arrest record, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition, or other protected status. Community Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Community Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at all service locations.
Competitive benefits and a great 401(k) are available for applicable positions.