Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Campus Safety Shift Supervisor
at Daemen College
- 05-Aug-2019 to 30-Sep-2019 (EST)
- Campus Safety
- Amherst, NY, USA
- Full Time
TITLE: Campus Safety Supervisor (CSS)
REPORTS TO: Director of Campus Safety
REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED required. NYS Licensed Security Guard (Must remain licensed for employment). CSSs must be of the highest character, possess excellent written and verbal skills, and be able to work in a diverse environment. Candidate must be CPR/AED and NIMS 100 certified by appointment.
PREFERRED: Associate's degree in criminal justice, related discipline or specialized training in security and safety, or two years security experience in a college/institutional setting or police/peace officer experience with certified academy training is preferred.
The CSS is responsible for the shift supervision of the campus safety force at Daemen College, the technology systems, parking and transportation, policies and procedures, and the shift supervising of staff members. The CSS conducts active and regular patrols of campus grounds and buildings in uniform on foot and/or by bike to ensure the effective and efficient execution of the mission of the department in providing a safe and secure environment for individuals and property at the Colleges. Additionally, the CSS performs initial investigations of incidents and reported crime and communicates any issues and concerns to the Director of Campus Safety and/or the Administrator on Call. The CSS makes accurate and timely written reports of all activity, responds to emergencies, problems and complaints and conducts special duties as assigned.
BENEFITS: This is an hourly position and is a direct employee of Daemen College. College benefits and professional development opportunities.
- Supervise the on-duty Contract Security staff. Properly assess the needs of the College as it pertains to Campus Safety and assign duties accordingly. Ensure that Officers on your shift understand policy and procedure and execute assignments accordingly.
- Efficiently perform various administrative functions, such as monitor scheduling and payroll, compiling statistics and reviewing reports.
- Be proficient in the use of various systems and programs such as CCTV, access control, fire and intrusion alarms and parking citation system.
- Be proficient in the use of various computer systems and software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google forms and spreadsheets, and calendar and event database.
- Contact the Administrator on Call when necessary and be prepared to provide clear and concise information and details in regards to a particular situation.
- Be visible and alert at all times
- Greet all guests, visitors and community members politely and professionally in passing
- Patrol grounds and buildings in assigned area, occupied or vacant, to deter and detect criminal activity, security breaches, safety hazards maintenance problems and enforce the rules of the College.
- Respond to reported incidents and calls for service, takes necessary action appropriate for the situation according to guidelines established by the College and departmental policies and procedures; Assist victims of crimes with making a police complaint, as desired or required
- Lock and unlock buildings and rooms according to schedules, authorization lists and upon request
- Write and submit complete, detailed, legible, and accurate reports in a timely manner, concerning incidents, accidents and calls for service
- Enforce campus traffic and parking regulations. Direct vehicle and pedestrian traffic, provide information and directions, arrange assistance for motorists with mechanical problems, issue parking tickets and arrange towing of vehicles as necessary
- Assist Colleges' officials, law enforcement agencies, fire, and other public safety officials in the performance of those duties which relate to the mission of the department in maintaining law, order and public safety on the campus
- Will function as the Colleges first responder to criminal incidents, fires, medical emergencies, chemical spills, natural disasters and other emergencies on campus
- Perform various duties consistent with the Colleges' fire prevention and general safety program. These include inspection of fire safety equipment, conducting fire drills and other duties related to the Colleges' safety programs
- Attend and participate in department meetings, successfully completes training programs when scheduled, including programs held during regularly scheduled hours and outside regularly scheduled hours. Some training programs may require travel
- Perform the duties outlined for the Campus Safety Dispatcher
- Be available for additional work assignments outside regularly scheduled shifts, which may include security for special events, athletic contests, manpower shortages and weather/disaster emergencies.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Campus Safety and/or the Assistant Dean for Campus Life
Shift Hours: Sunday through Saturday; 3 days 3om-11pm, 2 days 11pm-7am; will have 2 consecutive days off.
For consideration submit letter of interest and resume via http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Review of applicants begins immediately.
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Excellent time off benefits for holidays, vacation and personal time is included. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/