Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at FMC Corporation
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Exp. (Yrs)
- Plant Management
- Manager (Supervisor of Staff)
- Full Time
- Visa Sponsorship
- Domestic Travel Required
- % Domestic Travel
- Int'l Travel required
- Company Vehicle
- Working from Home Office
- Relocation Eligible
- Works with Chemicals
- Lifting required
Middleport is one of two formulation plants for FMC Agricultural Solutions in the US and plays a key role in supporting the business growth. At a high level, this role is responsible for all aspects of production execution and engineering at the Middleport site including schedule compliance, production line and labor productivity, product quality and yield, operator training / on-boarding, capital project execution, new product scale up, and ensuring safe operations. The role reports to the plant manager and oversees salaried staff and labor related to plant operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead a team of production supervisors, production scheduler, engineers, and hourly employees in the safe execution of site production activities.
- Actively promote safe behaviors and operator engagement by providing strong safety leadership and shop floor presence. Coach direct reports in safety leadership to ensure alignment with safety as a core value.
- Work with site EHS Manager in the implementation of site safety policies and procedures, as well as execution of all required environmental compliance activities.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and standards are followed including: Incident Reporting, MOCs, Safe Work Permits, Adherence to PPE requirements, etc.
- Assist with personal and process safety root cause investigations and execution of action item completion.
- Execute the weekly production plan:
- Ensure that all products are produced on time, and within quality specifications.
- Monitor equipment and labor efficiencies and drive improvements.
- Monitor product yields and material usage .
- Work with Warehouse and Shipping to ensure product is continuously moving through the plant and all end-of-run inventory is completed and accurate.
- Monitor MUV and cost variances.
- Lead the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of cost, throughput, and quality.
- Work with site Quality Supervisor to ensure effective quality control and assurance systems are in place and being executed.
- Lead overall site capital improvement plan, including developing capital investment projects, oversight of local capital projects, and facilitating the timely execution of corporate engineering project initiatives.
- Support the introduction of new products to the site, including participation in design and safety reviews, development of SOP’s, training materials, and monitoring initial scale-up.
- Work with Production Scheduler to optimize the production schedule to minimize cost and improve schedule attainment.
- Develop and implement flexible labor scheduling models to increase plant sprint capacity during peak seasons, including the evaluation of full time and seasonal worker utilization.
- Provide on-going performance feedback to production personnel and assist in hourly employee skill development plans.
- Ensure that safety and operational training qualification systems are effective and executed for full time and seasonal personnel.
- Manage progressive discipline and grievance process with support from site HR Manager.
Bachelors in Engineering required.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques (Kaizen, SMED, 5S, etc.) and statistical process improvement tools.
- Strong Computer Skills: Microsoft Office knowledge including expert level Excel, SAP knowledge preferred, Minitab or other statistical tool.
- Ability to manage a high workload, and multiple priorities.
- Result driven and self-starter.
- Demonstrated change management skills.
- Six sigma green or black belt preferred .
- Root Cause Analysis training preferred.
- PHA experience preferred.
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.