Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Manager
at ITT Corporation
The Customer Service Manager, working in the Connect & Control Technologies (CCT) facility located in Orchard Park, NY, is responsible for all customer service and inside sales activity related to the orders and shipment of ITT Enidine Aerospace and Industrial products to its worldwide customer base, with a goal to maximize the effective management and growth of long-term customer relationships. The Customer Service Manager will coordinate and manage the customer service group, directly and through designated inside sales supervisor/Customer Service team leads, to ensure that all team members appropriately interact with internal functional points of contact, to make sure all parties are aware of customer requirements (technical, contractual or otherwise), and to support new and existing customer development initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and drives options that support ITT’s strategy and business goals as well as customer needs (for example, solutions that maintain profit margin, optimize inventory and reduce contractual penalties).
- Manages CCT site inside sales supervisors/Customer Service leads and other team members to ensure ITT policies and procedures are followed.
- Negotiates solutions that mutually benefit both the customer and ITT by leveraging his/her understanding of the Customer's business as well as ITT's processes, organization, and products/services.
- Assists with forecasting orders and supports internal functions with related order forecasting analysis and data requests.
- Leads Customer Service Team to ensure that all customer, contractual and organizational requirements are adhered to when processing orders, providing quotes and communicating with customers.
- Acts as liaison between customers and site and/or value center leadership, escalating issues when appropriate and developing issue resolution plans that are mutually beneficial to both parties.
- Works with the customer service team to develop efficient time management and prioritization skills to build a reputation with customers as a responsive and cooperative partner.
- Demonstrates dedication to the overall success of our Customers by making realistic commitments, giving consistent, accurate information, and driving for positive results.
- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC) among internal ITT Functional partners. Works with Customer Service Team to provide the appropriate level of communication and transparency with customers on order status, issues, and risk, and keeps them consistently updated during all phases of the process.
Safety is a core value at ITT. Our department managers/supervisors play a critical role in creating and maintaining a safe workplace for our employees by following all ITT safety policies and procedures and by observing employees to ensure that safety procedures are followed.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Req ID #
Bachelor degree in business or technical discipline. Minimum 5 to 7 years of inside sales and/or customer service experience in a manufacturing or technical environment with demonstrated progression in responsibility and people management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Experience responding to inquiries & complaints from customers/members of the business
- Ability to write presentations that conform to prescribed form along with the ability to effectively present information to senior management, customers, distributors, both foreign and domestic, public groups and the corporate office and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Domestic Travel is a requirement of this position. Approximately 15% annual travel. Position may have less frequent international travel if needed.
NY, Orchard Park
Minimum Education Requirements
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?
Percent of Travel Required
Less than 25%
Customer Service Manager
ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.