Post Acute Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resident Care Supervisor (LPN)
at Post Acute Partners
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Area of Interest
- Elderwood Asst Living at Cheektowaga
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- 3p-11p and 11p-7a
Elderwood Assisted Living at Cheektowaga has an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Supervisor Opportunity!
Our LPN Supervisor's assist in ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by providing nursing care. This position is responsible for assisting with medications and monitoring the personal care services provided by Resident Assistants; and reporting care and change in condition of residents to staff of next shift and Resident Care Manager.
- Supervise/Administer and/or assist with medications to assigned residents; monitor monthly residents participating in self-medication program.
- Monitor the personal care provided by Resident Assistants.
- Assist Resident Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
- Report to Resident Care Manager change in condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
- Follow the plan of care for each resident.
- Responsible for all aspects of receiving, storing and distributing controlled substance medications; ensure proper placement and use of medication stored by facility including med cart and medication room refrigerator.
- Maintain documentation regarding the provision of care to residents in the Case Notes, Medication Administration Records and other required records.
- Assist in problem-solving related to staffing, supplies and resident care during shift.
- Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in performance of duties, and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
- Receive and store lost/found articles and notify the Resident Care Manager and/or Case Manager
- Ensure that residents are treated with respect and kindness at all times
- Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse with a current State license required.
- One year nursing experience in a nursing leadership role preferred; experience in geriatric nursing preferred.
- Organizational skills and ability to supervise department staff effectively and work well with personnel of other departments required; ensures high standards of care are maintained.