Post Acute Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Manager - Long Term Care Unit
at Post Acute Partners
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Area of Interest
- Elderwood at Amherst
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Elderwood at Amherst is seeking a conscientious and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) for the position of Unit Manager of our Long Term Care Unit. This is a 35 bed unit.
Elderwood at Amherst is a premier skilled nursing facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population in Western New York. This facility was awarded Best Nursing Homes for Short Stay Rehabilitation 2018-19. Currently in the midst of a face-lift, Elderwood at Amherst is a quaint, friendly environment for both staff and residents alike.
RN Unit Manager Overview:
- The Unit Manager team member assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for the Nursing services and oversight of social programming for all residents on his/her assigned unit; involves communication with physicians, families, co-workers and other Health Care professionals, management of nursing staff performance, evaluating and hiring and the termination of staff, responsible for nursing care reporting, documentation, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Assure responsibility for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a residents’ nursing care plan, and the coordination of the interdisciplinary goals and approaches to the needs or health care problems of residents.
- Ensure the unit and environment is maintained in good order for the well being of staff and residents.
- Attend all meetings and required or preferred in-service training as requested by the Administrator and Director of Nursing.
- Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
- Encourage involvement and recognize staff for making exceptional contributions.
- Possession of a State License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse required.
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience, and at least one (1) year of experience in a Nursing leadership role; interest or experience in geriatrics required, experience with dementia patients desirable.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Management skills for supervising and coordinating care of residents required. Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
- Exhibits characteristics of effective managerial leadership skills. These characteristics should include: desire for improvement; builder of trust; creating an environment where staff can experience pride. Their efforts are directed at allowing each worker to perform his or her own work and performing in a manner consistent with the aims and standards of the organization.